Skip to main content

frazzled

I called my IVF clinic today to let them know it's day 1 of my period. I've started this long-down reg protocol over the last week or so, taking some Decapeptyl injections and a cocktail of some other stuff.
So I had to call up to arrange a day 6 scan. 
Anyway, bit of context, on any Day 1 of my period I am typically a frazzled woman. In the last few days I cut a weekend holiday short because of realising I forgot to pay a tax bill and tax form that was due, came home early to organise the paperwork and then realised the paperwork was not actually due, I still had a few more days so didn't really have to cut the holiday short...  I also had been tasked with packing for the holiday and forgot to pack any teeshirts... and my partner's swimwear (for the beach). So my brain feels somewhat fried.
Then the fried brain effect has just been upped a bit.
Because when I called the clinic today, the nurse there let me know that my doctor (the guy we waited 9 months to get in to see, and who is "the guy" to see) is probably not going to be able to see me through this cycle. He's going to get some kind of urgent surgery on his foot and has been in a world of pain.  Things were up in the air, they were talking about booking me in to see someone else. I took some appointment with some other doctor but realised I don't know I can do it.
I'm really unsure what to do. 
I had it in my head - this is my last round.
This is the last doctor I see.
I felt good about him.
I am not sure I want to readjust to working with another doctor.
my headspace is frazzled ++ 
I think I'm going to have to cancel. I'll just wait till he's "back on his feet". 
So it's was a good counterpoint for me reading the microblog Monday post - this frazzled state tells me it's time for me to get into a mindfulness practice

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry. But glad that you're going to do what is right for you. if this is your last doctor, you don't want to throw money away on another one that you hadn't chosen. It's all stressful enough without having added stress and uncertainty. And I hope it helps you take some time for mindfulness, and allows you to feel more in control. (As much as we can ever feel in control with IF.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry this bombshell got dropped on you. It sucks that the clinic is being so nonchalant about it too. I would press to have this doctor contact you given this last minute switch. He owes it to you to talk with you about your options. Agreeing with Mali that you need to feel like this is an informed choice. No bait and switch allowed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

belonging or be longing somewhere

I heard a great radio segment the other day on the importance of belonging.  Belonging is a pretty core and pretty basic human need I would say, and we certainly don't feel great, in fact we probably do things like turn to drugs and alcohol or other addictions or avoidant behaviours, when we don't have a strong sense of belonging somewhere in the world. These notions of belonging got me thinking about the infertility/trying to conceive journey. I guess getting online and reading and writing a blog has been all about gaining a better sense of belonging in this process. But even in this lovely online world there is a sad kind of aspect to it that... some people move on to the world of having kids and it doesn't feel like I "Belong" with them in the same sense. Some move on to have no kids, but as I am still trying to have kids, in a sense, don't "belong" there either. I can perhaps feel that I belong wholeheartedly with other people in my position, bu

How do they get the grainy bits so soft?

This old Australian ad for multigrain bread keeps coming to mind... a little kid is eating their multigrain bread and marvelling at how delicious it is... asking "how do they get the grainy bits so soft?" Frame is then cut to another cute child who says "They hit them with a hammer I expect" original child, unconvinced, says "Maybe an elephant sits on them?" The joke in my family was to be rude and say "MAYBE AN ELEPHANT * SHITS* ON THEM". Indeed, perhaps I have been proverbially shat upon... With genetics, with whatever it is that causes this fertility issue... The description coming from the words of my IVF scientists is that my eggs are "soft, and grainy" So there we have it. After my complicated regime of interesting drug cocktails, and a longer protocol aimed at pulling out the best quality eggs available... seems that... the egg quality didn't get far. We pulled out 10 eggs. 6 were mature. 2 fertilised. Day 5 ther

Can't believe it

I really can't. I *AM* actually pregnant. I did not believe I was pregnant when the nurse told me that the first test was positive. Nah. It is a low reading. If anything I was annoyed because I really wanted to stop taking all these medications I'm on. I also didn't believe it when the second blood test was positive either. The reading was still low, and I had to go back again for a third test. I only believed it when the doctor said the words to my face. My partner... he just cried. We were overwhelmed. We really believed that this was not possible. We were really expecting some kind of bad news. Of course, I still feel incredibly wary, and still rather in disbelief... but excited, amazed, joyful...